Before discussing the basic tips of Social Media Marketing first we will know about what social media marketing is and why it’s important?
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a type of digital marketing. Social media is the method to build knowledge about you, your products and services via different social media channels.
The final goal of social media is to drive traffic to the website, increase social media followers or customers. The popular social media platforms nowadays are: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+.
Why Social Media Marketing is important?
Social Media Marketing is important because:
- It is the fastest way to build awareness about your product or services. As it gets viral within the minutes and spread the message throughout the world faster than traditional media method.
- Millions of people spend more time on social media so if you want them you can contact them through e-mail or contact.
- Recent analyses say that social media is becoming the best sales channels and more customers are coming from twitter and facebook.
Social Media Marketing 9 basic tips for beginners:
How can you be benefited by social media marketing? Here are 10 basic steps to start with basic steps of SMM:
- Set-up a Gmail account:
This account you will use for Google+ and YouTube. You can also use your Gmail account to all accounts to get all things at one place.
- Join most popular platforms:
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Create a blog:
While improving your website traffic, you have to create a relevant blog to be shared on social media.
- Develop a content marketing plan:
Blog and post should be posted to your social media profiles regularly.
- Blog rule:
70% of content should be thought and discussion, 30% of content should describe promotion.
- Include social media profiles:
Join the social profiles you have with each other and also on your website and blog.
- Follow noteworthy thought leaders:
You have to follow some noteworthy leaders in your field.
For example: If you are a businessman, then you should follow other businessmen
- Share and comment on other’s post:
When you comment on other’s post or content, you are noticed if you have the same interest and do not forget to follow back.
Each social media provides analytics to track results. Analyze your results regularly and use Google to track your website traffic results from social media.