As we all know SEO has two different categories: on-page SEO and off-page SEO. These both are very important for success of SEO campaign. But when it comes to search engine rankings they are on a different sides.
1) On-Page SEO:
- It is also known as on-site SEO.
- It looks at what your site is about.
- It is the act of upgrading different parts of your website that affect your search engine rankings. As you have control over your website you can change your own website.
- When you think of the most basic SEO tactics like using keywords in your copy and upgrade meta description, HTML code, title tags, that are the foundation for on-page SEO.
- It refers all the measures that can be directly taken within your website to improve its position in search rankings. This includes basic tactics like content quality and page performance.
For that you have some important factors:
- Title Tags:
- Put your targeted keywords in the title tag to each page of your site.
- They are usually the largest words on the page so search engine give more preference than other pages. To accurately reflect your page content it is the good idea to work with your targeted keywords in your headings of each web page.
- Alt text for images:
- It allows you to add something called “alt text” to all images in your website. This text is not visible to average visitor. So if you insert relevant keywords while describing image it will help search engines understand your page’s content.
- Page Content:
- The content of your pages should be useful to people so if they search for something specific to find your page, they can get of which they are looking for. Content should be easy to read and provide information to the user.
- URL Structure:
- If you are creating URLs try to add keywords if possible. Before creating new URL first plan on redirecting your old URL to new.
- Internal Linking:
- Linking internally is very much useful as it is helpful for search engines. For example: If you want more information about are blog post you can get more about that in our internal linking.
- If you have good on-page SEO, it becomes easy to understand about your website, the structure and content so that ranking is done accordingly.
- Page Load Speed:
- By optimizing your page to load fast which will help your site rank higher in search engine. By this Google will help user to find information for what they are looking to provide best result.
2) Off-Page SEO:
- SEO refers to the factors as you can control your own website.
- It looks that is your site authoritative and popular?
- It also refers to page ranking factors that occur off your website, like backlinks. It also has some promotion methods.
For that you have some important factors:
- Biggest factor of off-page SEO is the number and quality of backlinks you have for your site. If you more links for your content you will get more authority by Google which result in higher boosting.
- There are many organic options you can take for getting better result such as guest blogging, to get featured in industry trade publication who will be happy with your content.
- Domain Authority:
- To identify the strength of your website, you are provided with a number as domain authority given by search engines.
- Website with a lower domain authority are likely to get ranked but if it has higher domain they are given the first preference to get ranked.
- There are some factors by which domain authority is measured. They are as below:
- How long you have had your domain name
- Number of referring domains
- History of domain
- Social Promotion:
- Social Posts that generate many clicks will help you boost traffic to the site and ton of links will be shared.
- As page ranking is not directly connected to interaction of social media post. When content is shared on Google+ it also helps in social promotion.
You can’t choose between on and off-page SEO. On-page and Off-page SEO work together to improve search engine rankings.
Remember one thing that you have to first focus on On-Page SEO and then on Off-Page SEO. To get success in online business both are very important and fundamental.
To get organic traffic from search engines it is difficult for online business to understand both On-Page and Off-Page SEO.